Today we have received information from the Police regarding parking around schools in Dudley. The letter includes the following very important information for all parents:
Please ensure that you obey the following rules which form part of the requirements of the Highway Code:
DO NOT stop or park:
• Near a school entrance, anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
• At or near a bus stop or taxi rank
• Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
• Near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
• Opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
• Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
• In front of an entrance to a property
• On a bend
• Where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.
• You MUST NOT stop or park on a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zigzag lines.
I have highlighted the ones that specifically apply to parking near to Netherton Park Nursery School. We ask that you all take note of and adhere to the information to keep our children safe and to show respect for our neighbours.
Please click on the link below to read the letter: